2020 Spirit Forward Summit: Virtual Edition
Time & Location
About the Event
Doors may be closed, but conversations are open as Bacardi brings back its annual tradition of the Spirit Forward Summit where trailblazers share their lessons on women’s empowerment and inclusivity. The 2020 Spirit Forward Summit, powered by Bacardi, is moving to an online format and, for the first time, is offering its lineup of speakers free of charge.
This year’s theme, “Empowered To Be You,” brings timely topics to the forefront as we navigate heightened conversations about social and economic injustices, managing home and careers during lockdowns, and staying positive and mentally healthy through it all. Sessions are designed to open minds, drive empathy, and to inspire individuals to identify their true self. Thought-provoking discussions will include activism, gender roles, health and wellness, financial empowerment, and more.
The Spirit Forward Summit Miami features dynamic speakers who bring their authentic, unapologetic selves to the stage, including:
- Former Miss USA and captain in the United States Army Reserve Deshauna Barber will share her personal story.
- American stylist and fashion designer Misa Hylton will talk about the power of reinventing yourself to stay relevant and continue succeeding.
- Women’s culture consultant Cyndie Spiegel kicks off the Summit with a motivational session about being empowered to be your true self.
- Ashtin Berry is back to the Summit to talk intersectionality and the role social identities play in the way people behave and thrive in the workplace.
- Author and former advertising executive Chris Edwards will share the courageous story of changing gender from female to male.
- Clinical Psychologist Dr. Becky Kennedy will share her expertise on all things parenting through a 2020 lens from tips on virtual learning, setting up home spaces for success, and mantras.
- Jess Huang, co-author of the McKinsey Women in the Workplace Study will deep dive into the results and why corporate America is at a critical crossroads with a risk of losing female talent.
In addition, panels will bring together leaders from Bacardi, Southern Glazers Wine & Spirits, Microsoft and Footlocker to share their take on how companies can rise to the occasion to help women thrive.
In true Bacardi form, bartenders and mixology are always part of the day. Guests will meet up at the virtual bar to learn how to make this year's Spirit Forward signature cocktail. As part of the company’s commitment to supporting the hospitality industry severely impacted by COVID-19, a mixology session will offer donations to Another Round Another Rally's new grant dedicated to supporting women and femmes in hospitality.
The Bacardi Spirit Forward Summit is open to all industries. Must be of Legal Drinking Age to attend.
Thank you to top sponsors Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits and MARTNI & ROSSI vermouths and sparkling wines. They join a lineup of supporters who helped make this year’s Summit come to life.
About Bacardi Women in Leadership
Family owned Bacardi Limited, believes in building a business that reflects and supports the communities it serves. Bacardi believes that globally reflective teams are good for business; they make innovation possible, outperform the competition and enable organizations to be more impactful. The Bacardi Women in Leadership initiative was founded with the mission of unleashing the potential of current and future female leaders. The Spirit Forward Summit Miami is the marquee event for Bacardi Women in Leadership which also produces the Spirit Forward Summit London and the Spirit Forward Series, a more intimate traveling program crafted specifically for the hospitality and spirits industry. Learn more: https://www.bacardi-women-in-leadership.com/
About Bacardi Limited
Bacardi Limited, the largest privately held spirits company in the world, produces and markets internationally recognized spirits and wines. The Bacardi Limited brand portfolio comprises more than 200 brands and labels, including BACARDÍ® rum, GREY GOOSE® vodka, PATRÓN® tequila, DEWAR’S® Blended Scotch whisky, BOMBAY SAPPHIRE® gin, MARTINI® vermouth and sparkling wines, CAZADORES® 100% blue agave tequila, and other leading and emerging brands including WILLIAM LAWSON’S® Scotch whisky, ST-GERMAIN® elderflower liqueur, and ERISTOFF® vodka. Founded more than 158 years ago in Santiago de Cuba, family-owned Bacardi Limited currently employs more than 7,000, operates production facilities in 11 countries, and sells its brands in more than 170 countries. Bacardi Limited refers to the Bacardi group of companies, including Bacardi International Limited. Visit http://www.bacardilimited.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram.